Wednesday 3 July 2013

 

To Groom It May Concern


Kiehl's Ultimate Man Body Scrub Soap
A manly, drill sergeant of a soap. Just lifting it works your biceps and its built-in scrub particles exfoliate you to within an inch of your life. "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the shower!" you can almost hear it taunting you.

Kiehl's Facial Fuel Sky Flyin’ Foaming Multi-Gel
Tingly, mentholy goodness in this genius 2-in-1 invention. It's a facial cleanser and a shave gel in one, which means packing one less product when I'm on the move.

Kiehl's Açaí Damage-Protecting Toning Mist
I'm not sure what this technically does and only just learned how to pronounce açaí correctly, but, holy spritz, is it refreshing! I use it as an aftershave, after a shower or just as a pick-me-up.

Tom's of Maine Simply White Toothpaste
Fresh and natural with a hint of bohemia.

Kiehl's Creative Cream Wax
A great hair product for someone like me who hates hair products. De-fluffs, gives a nice amount of control and, most importantly, doesn't smell like a pineapple daiquiri.

Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Sunblock Cream, Indian Summer Formula, SPF 30
A good case for not judging a book by its cover. It is light, effective and, true to its name, perfect for the Indian summer. I discovered this by accident while on holiday in Goa and its fresh, clean fragrance always takes me back there. I don’t wear sunscreen every day, but this one is ideal for a week at the beach/ day by the pool/ hike in the hills.

Retro British Airways Anya Hindmarch Dopp Kit
These used to be the British Airways first class amenity kits before they changed the design a few years ago. I absolutely love the screen printed vintage aviation photographs. I hoarded all mine from every flight and have been stockpiling extras from friends and family who are willing to part with theirs. I use them to hold my toiletries in my gym bag and also for packing computer cables and phone chargers.

Fogless Shower Mirror
Much as I hate watching pointless bloodshed, I find not looking in the mirror while shaving just makes it worse. My skin’s sensitive and prone to cuts, so I shave in the shower. The steam softens the beard, making it a less gruesome affair.

Art
For some reason, a lot of my favourite art ends up in my bathroom, including a couple of sketches M.F. Husain had given me, a watercolour done by my grandmother on her honeymoon in the 1940s and an antique wood carving.

Candle
After a Bond Girl in a tub, I think a candle adds the most atmosphere to a bathroom.